1. Develop guidelines, policies, direction, strategy, planning, plans, programs, projects, legal documents, instructions in the field of construction materials for Ministry submit to authority approval, issued or the Ministry approval, issued under the authority; build and submit to the Ministry for approval, issued under the authority of the plans, programs, projects, legal documents, instructions on the construction engineering towards the units of the Ministry.
2. Chair, coordinate building for Ministry submit to authority issued or Ministry issued under the authority of standards and norms in the field of building material, provisions on formulation, appraisal and approval of planning of development construction materials.
3. Guide, supervise and inspect the implementation of mechanism, policies, the legal documents, norms, standards in the field of building materials, construction engineering.
4. Monitoring, synthesis, evaluation and reporting on the implementation of the provisions of law in the field of building materials, construction engineering.
5. Resolving, handle routine work related to the field of building materials, construction engineering.
6. Coordinate with other units, organizations related and the local for implementation of state management functions in the field of building materials, management of construction engineering units under Ministry.
7. Established, appraised for Ministry submit to the Prime Ministry for approval:
7.1. Master plan for development Vietnam building materials, planning development construction materials of regional, development plan of cement, the national programs of building materials; guide, inspect the implementation after the approval of the Prime Minister;
7.2. Planning exploration, mining, processing and using mineral for building materials, cement raw materials; guide and inspect the implementation after the approval of the Prime Minister.
8. Established, appraised for Ministry submit to the Prime Ministry for approval or Ministry approved by authority the development planning of building materials, including : paving materials, construction glass, sanitary ware and construction materials mainly other; guide and inspect the implementation after the approval.
9. Guide, inspect the People's Committees of provinces and cities under the Central Government in the formulation, appraisal, approval and management development planning of local construction materials.
10. Coordinate with relevant departments of the Ministry of Resources and Environment, Ministry of Industry and Trade on process of evaluation the dossier for license of exploration, mining, processing, assessment of environmental impacts of mining, activities processing and use of minerals for building materials, raw materials for cement production.
11. Guides, inspect activities of evaluation : mining technology, mineral processing as building materials, cement raw materials, production technology of building materials; guide the experimental work, verifying, evaluation and certification of conformity of product quality, building materials goods.
12. Chair, coordinate with the relevant departments of the Ministry, develop for submit to the Minister of Construction documents examination, agreement or comments for investment - exploit projects and processing of minerals for building materials, raw materials for cement and investment projects of industry building materials by the other ministries, branches and localities suggest MOC verify, agreement or comments as prescribed by law.
13. Guide, inspect the implementation of technical norms, safety regulations, occupational health activities in the exploitation, processing and use of mineral building materials, raw materials cement; manufacturing building materials.
14. Building for submit to Minister issued the list, conditions and technical norms for export - import building materials, building materials export-import restrictions, building materials business with conditions; guide and inspect the implementation after approval.
15. Building for Ministry of Construction submit to the Government issuing or the Ministry issuing as authority the mechanisms, policies to encourage the development of public services in the field of building materials and construction engineering, guidance and inspection organizations perform services in the field of construction materials operations in accordance with law.
16. Building Materials Department has right:
16.1. Require agencies and organizations active in the field of state management of the Ministry to provide documents and data necessary for the implementation of the field work of the Department;
16.2. Ministers are authorized to sign several of documents about the field of work of the Department in accordance with the regulations of working of MOC.
17. Perform other duties, powers as assigned by the Minister.
1. Building Materials Department have the Head of Department, Deputy Head of Department and a number of professional staffing norms consistent with the needs, tasks of the Department in each period.
2. The Head of Department, Deputy Head of Department to appointment, dismissal, demotion by Minister of Construction in accordance with the Party and the law.
3. Based on the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Building Materials Department, the Head of Department is responsible for the planning stages, identify staffing needs of the Department, build and working regulations issued by the Department; assign tasks, clearly define authority and responsibility of each individual in the the Department and report to the Minister.
4. Head of Department is responsible to the Minister and the law on the entire operation of the Department, Deputy Head of Department is responsible to the Head of Department and the law on the areas assigned.
Source: Decision 976/QD-BXD.
(This translation is for reference only)